The Glendale Chamber of Commerce is a business association consisting of voluntary membership and a professional staff.
In the greater Glendale area, the Chamber's 700 members represent the varied aspects of the business world. From local retail, trade and professional services to manufacturing and exporting, Chamber member businesses provide goods and services, jobs and tax revenue to benefit the area's economy.
The Chamber serves the business community as the voice of commerce, provides programs and services to improve the economic environment for its members and supplies leadership for improving the quality of life. For area residents and newcomers, the Chamber is a reliable source for community information and a dependable resource for business referrals. General information and business referrals are available by phone (623-937-4754 or 1-800-IDSUNNY) Monday - Friday, and 24 hours a day by accessing our website at www.glendaleazchamber.org. The Chamber office building is located in downtown Glendale at 7105 N. 59th Avenue and serves as a visitors center with a wide variety of brochures, maps, and information about the Glendale area, our business membership and the state of Arizona.
Board of Directors
The overall goal of the Chamber is to position the Chamber as a major action and influential organization in Glendale and the West Valley, through well-balanced programming that is implemented and communicated effectively. Specific goals as determined by the Chamber's Board of Directors, are:
- Develop orientation reception program for new members
- Create a new committee structure and investigate programs for minority businesses
- Create corporate involvement in programs and events through sponsorship packages
- Continue to focus political advocacy efforts on Luke AFB, transportation, growth and education issues
- Provide opportunities for business members to interact with local and state elected officials
- Monitor diversity and minority business issues
- Continue to strengthen relationships with the City of Glendale, Westmarc and other area Chambers to promote West Valley issues Economic Development
- Continue to provide support services to the City of Glendale's marketing, economic development and tourism departments to promote business development
- Initiate a program with Chamber member major employers to assess their growth and expansion needs
- Continue involvement with area growth and transportation issues
- Continue to produce community marketing publications in partnership with the City of Glendale
- Create higher visibility for the Chamber through focused news release effort to area media regarding our events
- Continue to work with other valley Chambers and business organizations to develop a regional focus on issues of mutual importance
- Continue efforts with area agencies to develop workforce training and assistance programs
- Continue involvement with encroachment and base closure issues associated with Luke AFB
- Continue promotional efforts with Luke AFB through the Volunteer Appreciation and Luke Shoot-Out Golf programs
- Assist with new base personnel orientation
Board of Directors & Staff
- Continue to upgrade Chamber office technology
- Focus on promoting the financial strength of the Chamber by encouraging greater membership investment and special event sponsorship
- Begin a capital improvement program to update the Chamber office building
- Develop a 501(C)3 foundation
The Glendale Chamber offers a number of benefits and services designed to help you build your business network, heighten your business visibility, and provide benefits to your employees, regardless of company size. To find out more about specific programs, call the Chamber at (623) 937-4754 or 1-800-IDSUNNY.
Marketing & Networking
- Auction Sponsor - Your business can provide a quality item for either the "silent" or "live" auction at our annual fundraiser.
- Blender Host - Each month the Chamber sponsors a membership networking event at a member's place of business. Sponsoring is a great way to introduce your business to area business people.
- Blender Showcase - At each monthly Blender, members have the opportunity to showcase their business in a mini-trade show atmosphere.
- Business to Business Trade Show - The Chamber sponsors an annual business to business trade show which provides members the unique opportunity to showcase their products and services to other members.
- Direct Mail Promotion - Membership mailing labels/disks are available for purchase and give members direct access to a prime audience of business prospects.
- Event Sponsorship - Your business can choose one of many Chamber sponsored programs and events to market your product or services. From a Golf Hole Sponsorship to an Event Title Sponsorship, fees vary based on program or event.
- Luke AFB Shoot-Out Golf Tournament - Annual golf outing to promote relations between Luke Air Force Base personnel, area businesses and government officials.
In addition to playing in the tournament, a variety of sponsorship opportunities are available to members.
- Mailing Inserts - Each month the Chamber mails the PULSE (Chamber Newsletter) to over 1,100 locations. Members can include an 8-1/2 x 11 mailing insertion.
- Relocation Inquiry Link-Up - Over 3,000 people per year contact the Glendale Chamber of Commerce requesting information about moving to Glendale. For just $100 per year, your business can receive a weekly listing of these inquiries.
- Small Business Procurement Conference - Annual program where members can market their products and services to area corporate, government and educational institution purchasing agents.
- "Sunshine Club" Leads Group - Weekly leads group which meets every Tuesday & Wednesday at 7:30 am to exchange qualified leads and referrals in order to generate business for each other.
- Visitor Center Brochures - Include your rack-size brochures in the Chamber's Visitor Center area at no charge.
- Women in Business Conference/Trade Show - Annual Chamber sponsored event providing members with a series of workshops and exhibits to give exposure to other members and business owners.
- Community Map & Relocation Guide - The community map and relocation guide is an actual street map with an index for users to find specific destinations and also includes valuable relocation and tourism information. Advertising space is available to members wishing to heighten their visibility to tourists, relocation inquiries, and new residents.
- Community Profile & Member Buyer's Guide - The community profile and member buyer's guide contains information on the city of Glendale and surrounding areas. Included in the magazine is a directory listing of Chamber members. Advertising space is available to members wishing to heighten their visibility to corporate relocation inquiries, Chamber members and visitors to the Glendale area.
- "PULSE" Monthly Newsletter - Monthly publication to Chamber members is included in membership investment. This Chamber newsletter is mailed monthly to member businesses. The Pulse offers our members the opportunity to increase their visibility through advertising and keeps the membership informed of member issues, events and other business important news.
- Cellular Phone Service - The Chamber offers considerable savings on base and time rates with various providers.
- Internet Services - Your business receives international exposure via the Chamber's website. Additionally the Chamber site offers program and member information, demographics, relocation information and links to related sites. The Chamber offers a number of Internet and web page design services to members at reduced rates.
- Long Distance Services - Plans are available which save members money on business and residential long distance calls.
- Merchant Bankcard Processing - Plans are available for processing your customers T&E, credit and debit cards for their purchases.
- Pager Services - Pager services are available at special member monthly rates through various preferred providers.
- PrePaid Legal Services - Chamber members and their employees may access affordable legal expense benefit plans. Providing legal assistance from will preparation to litigation, the plans can provide significant savings over services purchased separately.
- Vehicle Fleet Purchase Program - Purchase vehicles through specified Chamber member vehicle dealerships and receive fleet discount prices.
- Dental, Disability, Health (including Chiropractic), Life, and Vision - Various plans are available at special member group rates.
- Property/Casualty - Special discount programs are available to Chamber Members.
- St. Luke's Employee Assistance - This plan makes available to our members professional counseling at special monthly premiums structured at a savings rate of 40% discount to any Chamber employer or employee. Special programs available to Chamber Members.
- Worker's Compensation - Special programs available to Chamber Members.
Entertainment & Recreation
- Arizona Highways - Arizona Highways offers Chamber members and their employees a discount on selected items from their catalog (excluding Arizona Highways Magazine) when ordering through the Chamber.
- Castles N' Coasters - The Chamber has special rates for all day unlimited ride and gold passes at a significant savings for Chamber members and their employees.
- "The Deck" Coupon Book - "Buy One, Get One Free" coupon booklet with restaurant and entertainment establishments Valleywide.
- Business Counseling - The Chamber offers members one-on-one business counseling through SCORE (Counselors to America's Small Business) and Maricopa Small Business Development Center (SBDC). Counseling is available by appointment only.
- Business Referrals - The Chamber receives thousands of requests for recommendations on goods and services to be purchased in the Glendale area. We refer these newcomers, visitors and area residents to members first.
- Business Seminars - You are invited to attend periodic seminars or workshops that the Chamber hosts or co-sponsors on topics affecting the Glendale area business community.
- Certificates of Origin - The Chamber provides our corporate seal for certificates of origin as a service to member firms exporting products outside the United States.
- Committees and Task Forces - Opportunities for involvement abound with the various projects, task forces or committees that are a part of the Chamber. Members may become involved with planning an awards banquet, interacting with local and area government officials, working to resolve a community issue or simply attending a Chamber special event.
- Clubs & Organizations - Listings of area clubs and organizations, updated annually, are available to members at no charge.
- Facts & Figures - Area demographics and resource publications are available from the Chamber for members and relocating businesses to assist them in making informed business decisions.
- Good Morning Glendale! Breakfasts - The Chamber hosts regular membership breakfast meetings with speakers and programs on a variety of business topics.
- Meeting Facilities - Members have access to the Chamber's conference room to hold business meetings, seminars or press conferences.
- Membership Plaque - Your membership investment with the Chamber entitles you to a membership plaque when, displayed in your business, shows you are a progressive business that has invested in the Chamber and community. It also adds credibility to your business.
- Ribbon Cuttings & Groundbreakings - The Chamber provides ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking ceremonies to our members who are new to the area, completing a remodeling project, moving to a new location or celebrating a special event.
Community Profile Network, Inc. &
Copyright ©2001 Community Profile Network, Inc.
This Site is a Cyberworks Media Group Production