- Dec 26 to late April, every year, Thoroughbred Horse Racing, Santa Anita Park
- Jan 1, Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game
- Chinese New Year Celebrations, varies from year to year—Jan or Feb
- April every year, 5K-10K Race starting & ending at Santa Anita Park
- Same day: Santa Anita Derby
- March or April, Citizen of the Year Celebration
- April/May LA Garden Show at the Arboretum
- May, Memorial Day Weekend, Sup. Antonovich Veterans Fair, Arcadia County Park
- July 4 (approximately) Fourth of July Celebration, food booths/carnival
- Sept 19, 2011 (third Monday every Sept) Taste of Arcadia
- October 2011 Oak Tree Racing to resume at Santa Anita Race Track
- Dec every year, Snow Day, Breakfast With Santa
Santa Anita Race Track: Site of the 1984 Olympic Equestrian events. This magnificently landscaped track features some of the fastest thoroughbreds and the finest jockeys in the world. Host to 2007 and 2009 Breeder’s Cup Races in October each year.
Westfield Santa Anita Mall: Our regional mall features Nordstrom, Macy’s, JCPenney and over 130 other specialty stores and restaurants. An 18-screen theater, Wood Ranch BBQ Restaurant and Dave & Buster’s draw a large clientele.
Los Angeles County Arboretum: Within the 127 rolling acres of trees, shrubs and flowers from all over the world are also historical buildings built by Arcadia’s founder, Lucky Baldwin. A beautiful gift shop and Peacock café are Arboretum favorites.
Arcadia County Park: 187 acres of green area in the heart of the city, which contains an 18-hole golf course, driving range, tennis courts, swimming pool, baseball and softball diamonds and lawn bowling.
Downtown Arcadia: Hotel/restaurant row on Huntington Drive; service and retail shops on First Avenue.
The Arcadia Community Center prints a monthly calendar for senior activities, and a quarterly newsletter is mailed out to all city residents from City Hall, announcing major activities year round. Activities range from the Snow Day, Breakfast with Santa, camping opportunities for school-age children, all kinds of dance, library children’s hours, various physical activities senior citizen trips and tours and field trips for kids during vacation periods. i