More than 500 local businesses are members of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce, making this foothill chamber the second-largest chamber in the San Gabriel Valley. So strong is this chamber, that over 100 businesses have been members between 25 and 55 years.
Every new member is welcomed and invited to join in the many possibilities offered to enhance and help grow all our local businesses.
Monthly Networking Breakfasts, monthly Mixers, monthly Government Affairs Forum meetings, monthly committees meet (Expo Committee, Strategic Planning, Ambassadors, Asian Outreach, Taste of Arcadia, Citizen of the Year/Installation Dinner) and our members are all welcome to participate in as many committee gatherings as meet the member’s needs.
Also, the chamber presents many seminars, workshops, webinars and individual counseling. Many of our members provide business expertise such as the SBA, Foothill Workforce Investment Board, Women at Work, The Service Advisors, SBDC and Hutdogs; a source for all your website, computer and social networking needs.
President Helen Romero Shaw, The Gas Company, 2010-11 During my first term, 2006-2007, certain goals were established that I am carrying forward during my second term, 2010-2011.
- Build good relationships with the Asian business community
- Advance Arcadia’s image as a business-friendly community
- Increase Chamber membership numbers
- Continue efforts to retain members by providing services and programs necessary for successful business
- Diversify income streams to assure Chamber economic health
- Plan ahead for capital improvements for our distinguished Chamber facility