The Cathedral City Chamber of Commerce, founded in 1937 and incorporated on April 17, 1940, celebrates 68 years of service to its business members and the community. The Chamber began as a volunteer group of active, concerned business people and citizens who organized to advance commerce and the civic interests of the community.
Today, as the representative of the Cathedral City business community, the Chamber conducts many activities of direct and indirect benefit to its members. The organization strives to maintain a close liaison with local government and community groups working toward resolution of problems of mutual concern such as public parking, zoning and business development. The economic conditions are a primary concern, and the Chamber works to bring businesses to Cathedral City and to support those businesses with marketing advice, public relations and especially networking opportunities – many say the friendliest in the desert.
A newcomer to Cathedral City is immediately impressed by the town’s strong community pride, its many activities and its determination to preserve a small-town atmosphere, and yet be a progressive community. The Chamber of Commerce firmly believes that it has an important role to play in maintaining these goals.
To attract, develop, promote and retain local businesses through communication, networking, training and program development; and to influence public policy and communicate legislative issues and their impacts on local businesses.
The Cathedral City Chamber of Commerce seeks to:
• Publicize the positive aspects of the community to enhance its uniqueness and quality of life.
• Provide leadership and direction for the business community and serve as a source of information to ensure the continued progress of Cathedral City’s economy.
• Foster communication among members of the business community and promote a favorable local business environment.
• Provide ongoing services to the Chamber members by recognizing the diverse interests and needs of its members.
• Maintain a high visibility for the Chamber and its members.
• Promote good government relations with the business community and serve as a representative in town affairs to solve problems of mutual concern.
The members of the Cathedral City Chamber of Commerce are pledged to:
• Maintain high ethical standards in the conduct of their businesses.
• Offer goods and services of high quality at equitable prices.
• Provide effective procedures for acting promptly and fairly on customer complaints.