One of the Chamber’s most prominent programs, Leadership Fresno, was founded in 1984 to enhance the skills, resources and civic involvement of business leaders in the community and is unlike any other leadership program. Each year, the new Leadership Fresno class begins in August with a two-day retreat and concludes with graduation in June. Participants meet in daylong seminars one weekday per month and participate in a class project. The sessions include tours throughout the county and discussions with key speakers on a variety of rousing topics.
The goals of the program are:
• To identify and prepare potential and current leaders from all areas of the community for leadership roles throughout the greater Fresno area
• To provide a broad overview of the issues, challenges and opportunities facing our city, county and the greater community
• To promote access to and dialogue with community leaders
• To stimulate increased participation and commitment in the community
• Arts & Culture
• Economic Vitality Downtown
• Criminal Justice
• Politics and Media
• Human Services
• Planning and the Environment
Applications for the program can be obtained by contacting the Leadership Fresno Program Coordinator at the Fresno Chamber, (559) 495-4800. All applications are confidential. Applicants do not need to be a Chamber of Commerce member in order to apply. Tuition includes seminars, resource materials, meals and transportation during the regular sessions and retreat. Partial scholarships are available.