Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce
49074 Civic Circle
Oakhurst, CA 93644
Executive Director, Kathy McCorry
Executive Assistant, Shelley Trost
Sales Administrator, Vicki Cohn
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, Jolene Elizalde
The Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce is governed by 10 Members of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee consisting of the President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer and Executive Director.
Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce Interesting Statistics
Members — 450 plus
Newsletters – Email and Print — 3,000 plus per month
Directories — 2,500 plus per year
Maps — 3,000 plus per year
Website — 3 million plus hits per year
Correspondence – Mail — 500 plus mailings per month
Correspondence – Email — 700 plus per month
Correspondence – Telephone — 300 plus phone calls per month
Visitors — 3,000 plus per year
Our Mission Statement
“To promote and support the economic vitality while honoring and preserving the unique lifestyles of our Mountain Communities.”
• The Oakhurst Area Chamber has more than 450 members.
• We serve the Mountain Communities of Ahwahnee, Bass Lake, Coarsegold, Nipinnawasee, North Fork, Oakhurst, O’Neals, Raymond, Wishon and Yosemite National Park, and we welcome you to our beautiful communities.
• We publish the Eastern Madera County Map & Companion Guide; a tourist information map; Things to See and Do DVD; and our Membership Business Directory & Community Profile, which includes member business listings; individual information; area statistics; and information on shopping, real estate, lodging, dining, activities, museums, schools, government agencies, healthcare and more.
This publication will be one you want to keep, use and share. We ask you to please use it first when you are looking for goods and services in our area. Our Chamber of Commerce members strive to bring top-quality products and services to our mountain area residents and guests. They are committed to the Oakhurst Area Chamber and to the community. They are devoted to you; please show your devotion to them… Shop Locally.
Chamber Services Make Membership Worthwhile. Every member wants to know… What’s in it for ME?
• Internet – Free listing on the Chamber’s web page (advertising, branding and link opportunities also available)
• Membership Directory – Free listing in the Chamber’s membership directory, which also puts your business in the Chamber’s yellow pages.
• Referral Service – In response to inquiries, only Chamber member’s names are referred. Hundreds of referrals are given every day.
• Newsletter – Your business receives a monthly Chamber newsletter through the Sierra Star. Delivered to more than 3,000 members, prospective members and others. (Advertising opportunities available, at approximately one-third cost savings). We also have a bimonthly electronic newsletter delivered to your email, keeping you informed on local issues and activities.
• Publicity and Exposure – Newsletter, brochure and business card distribution in our lobby, daily e-blasts, banner ads on our website, presence in the DVD and on maps, free page on our website, ribbon cuttings, committees, and events
• Membership Database – Access to more than 450 members
• Broadcast e-blasts – For your business to other Chamber members
• Advocacy – On behalf of your business at local, state and federal levels
• Discounts – Every advertising opportunity the Chamber hosts offers a member discount, including KTNS Radio, Call Yellow Phone Book, Digital Mirrors Webmaster, Sierra Star Newspaper, YELP Newspaper and all of the Chamber publications.
• Display – The Chamber offers your business the opportunity to display brochures and business cards in our lobby.
• Hosting Opportunities – Host a membership mixer at your place of business or sponsor other special events and activities.
• Tax Deduction – Chamber membership is 90 percent deductible as a necessary business expense.
• Community Action – Make a difference as part of a committee (choose to be involved).
Did You Know...
• We coordinate business involvement in education through partnerships and other related school to career activities.
• We sponsor the Oakhurst Home and Garden Show (May).
• We sponsor the Wood Carvers Rendezvous (Spring).
• We sponsor the Oakhurst Fall Festival (October).
• We sponsor shopping and bus tours.
• We conduct ribbon cuttings, grand openings, groundbreaking ceremonies, mixers and anniversary celebrations.
• We arrange meetings with legislators.
• We assist businesses with resource information.
• We host State of the County and Town Hall meetings.
• We provide assistance with International Trade needs.
But Most of All...
• We answer the needs of our members and the community.
• We respond to hundreds of requests for relocation information.
• We work with the County on Economic Development for our region.
• We distribute demographic information about our area and the county.
• We continue a dialogue with elected officials, making sure that the pro-business agenda is being followed.
• We respond to thousands of questions ranging from requests for phone numbers to how to start a business.