Things to Know
Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce
49074 Civic Circle
Oakhurst CA 93644
Executive Director, Kathy McCorry
Administrative Assistant, Shelley Trost
Administrative Bookkeeper, Mary Yarbrough
Website Manager, Chris Baker
Sales Administrator, Vicki Cohn
Receptionists, LaVonne Starkey & Nancy McPhee
The Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce is governed by 10 Members of the Board of Directors, and the Executive Committee consisting of the President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Executive Director.
Our Mission Statement
“To promote and support the economic vitality while honoring and preserving the unique lifestyles of our Mountain Communities.”
The Oakhurst Area Chamber has more than 400 members.
We serve the Mountain Communities of: Ahwahnee, Bass Lake, Coarsegold, North Fork, Oakhurst, O’Neals, Raymond, Wishon and Yosemite National Park, and we welcome you to our beautiful communities.
We publish Eastern Madera County Map & Companion Guide, and our Membership Business Directory & Community Profile, which includes: Member Business Listings, Individual Information, Area Statistics, Information on shopping, real estate, lodging, dining, activities, museums, schools, government agencies, healthcare and more.
This publication will be one you want to keep, use and share. We ask you to please use it first when you are looking for goods and services in our area. Our Chamber of Commerce members strive to bring top quality products and services to our mountain area residents and guests. They are committed to the Oakhurst Area Chamber and to the Community. They are devoted to you; please show your devotion to them … Shop Local.
Chamber Services Make Membership Worthwhile. Every member wants to know … What’s in it for ME?
• Internet – one free listing on the Chamber’s web page at email@example.com (advertising and link opportunities available).
• Membership Directory – free listing in the Chamber’s membership directory, which also puts your business in the Chamber’s yellow pages. (Advertising opportunities available).
• Referral Service – in response to inquiries, only Chamber member’s names are referred. Approximately 20 referrals a day are given.
• Newsletter – your business receives a monthly Chamber newsletter through the Sierra Star. Delivered to over 3,000 members, prospective members, and others. (Advertising opportunities available, at approximately 1/3 cost savings). We also have a bi-monthly electronic newsletter delivered to your email, keeping you informed on local issues and activities.
• Publicity and Exposure – in the newsletter, brochure and business card distribution in our lobby, daily e-blasts, through ribbon cuttings, committees and at events.
• Membership Database – access to over 400 members via our database.
• Broadcast E-blasts for your business to other Chamber members.
• Advocacy – advocating on behalf of your business at local, state and federal levels.
• Discounts – every advertising opportunity the Chamber hosts offers a member discount. Including all of the Chamber publications.
• Display – the Chamber offers your business the opportunity to display brochures and business cards in our lobby.
• Hosting opportunities – an opportunity to host a membership mixer at your place of business or sponsorship of other special events and activities.
• Tax deduction – Chamber membership is deductible as a necessary business expense.
• Community Action – as part of any committee, if you choose to be involved.
Did you know…
• We coordinate business involvement in education through partnerships and other related school to career activities.
• We sponsor the Party with the Stars (Spring).
• We sponsor the Oakhurst Mountain Peddlers Fair (May & September).
• We sponsor the Oakhurst Fall Festival (October).
• We sponsor membership bus tours.
• We conduct ribbon cuttings, grand openings, groundbreaking ceremonies, mixer and anniversary celebrations.
• We arrange meetings with legislators.
• We assist businesses with resource information.
• We host State of the County meetings.
• We provide assistance with International Trade needs.
But most of all…
• We answer the needs of our members and the community. We have a positive future for volunteers and the goals they have established for the organization.
• We respond to hundreds of requests for relocation information.
• We distribute demographic information about our area and the county.
• We continue a dialogue with elected officials, making sure that the pro-business agenda is being followed.
• We respond to thousands of questions ranging from requests for phone numbers to how to start a business.