San Gabriel provides a wide variety of residential choices complemented by schools, churches, shopping areas and other amenities that support the high quality of life experienced in the community.
Award-Winning City: San Gabriel
- 1994 recipient of the prestigious James C. Howland “Award for Urban Enrichment” from the National League of Cities for enrichment of the urban environment.
- 1994 recipient of the “Helen Putnam Award” from the League of California Cities in recognition of the success of the Mission District revitalization project.
- 1997 recipient of the “California Healthy Cities 1997 Special Achievement Award,” conducted by the Western Consortium for Public Health under contract with the Department of Health Services, recognizing policies and programs that improve community health and well-being.
- 1998 recipient of the International Cities/County Management Assn. (ICMA) “Award for Local Government Education,” in recognition of personal achievement and commitment to professional local government management.
- 1998 recipient of the Helen Putnam “Certificate of Honorable Mention” for the category of Children, Youth and Families in the 1998 Award for Excellence Program.
- 2001 recipient of the State of California Department of Parks and Recreation “Award for Excellence” for Smith Park.