McCormick Place offers 2.2 million square feet of exhibit space, and features three state-of-the-art buildings (McCormick Place North, McCormick Place South and Lakeside Center) along the shore of Lake Michigan.
The newly opened busway is a two-lane, 2.5-mile road that runs between the convention center and downtown, and allows charter buses to bypass local traffic.
McCormick Place Complex features:
• 2.2 million square feet of exhibit halls
• 112 meeting rooms
• Assembly seating for 10,000 people
• 4,249 seat theater (Arie Crown Theater)
• Three theaters that seat 345 people each
• Ceiling heights up to 50 feet
• Easy access and 8,000 parking spaces
McCormick Place North The McCormick Place North addition features over 700,000 square feet of exhibit space that can be used independently or in conjunction with McCormick Place South and/or Lakeside Center.
The North Building also offers:
• Two exhibit halls (496,000 square feet and 209,500 square feet)
• 29 meeting rooms
• Grand Concourse Lobby, featuring 35,836 square feet of space; can be used for registration or exhibit space.
McCormick Place South The South Building features 840,000 square feet of exhibit space, and is linked to the other two buildings by a glass-enclosed Grand Concourse — a 100-foot high ceiling, 900-foot long walkway that features a business center.
The South Building also offers:
• One exhibit hall (840,000 square feet of exhibit space)
• 43 meeting rooms
• 33,000 square foot ballroom
Lakeside Center Lakeside Center (the former East Building) features over 583,000 square feet of exhibit space, and has been retrofitted to meet the needs of a variety of different groups in the mid-sized and growing event market.
Lakeside Center also offers:
• Two exhibit halls (300,000 square feet and 283,000 square feet)
• 40 meeting rooms
• The largest ballroom in Chicago (45,000 square feet)
• Arie Crown Theater (4,249 seats)
West Building McCormick Place is embarking on a new expansion plan (targeted for completion for 2007) to add more than 700,000 square feet.
The West Building will offer:
• One exhibit hall (470,000 square feet)
• 250,000 square feet of meeting space
• Chicago’s largest ballroom
SOURCE: Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau 2005
As one of Chicago’s enduring landmarks, Navy Pier offers a unique setting for meetings and exhibitions. Renovations during the 1990s transformed Navy Pier into a world-class convention, cultural and recreational center that offers state-of-the-art capabilities for small and mid-sized events.
Festival Hall at Navy Pier has been designed to serve both exposition and special event needs. The ratio of meeting space to exhibition space provides tremendous flexibility for any show or event, and the Grand Ballroom services banquets, performances and special exhibit needs.
Navy Pier offers:
• State-of-the-art exposition and special event facilities with more than 170,000 square feet of exhibit space
• Over 48,000 square feet of meeting space (divisible into 36 meeting rooms)
• 18,000 square foot Grand Ballroom that offers panoramic lake views
• Over 50,000 square feet of multi-use reception areas
• Loading dock with 10 bays and drive-in access
• Easy accessibility by taxi and charter bus drop-off locations
• Enclosed parking for 1,800 vehicles
Festival Hall Features:
• Two exhibit halls (113,400 square feet and 56,700 square feet)
• 60-foot vaulted ceilings (30 foot minimum)
The Grand Ballroom Features:
• 18,150 square foot ballroom
• 80-foot domed ceiling
SOURCE: Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau