FORD HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS
Ford Heights was incorporated in 1949, but its origins date from the years before the Civil War. Then, it was a station in the Underground Railroad bringing runaway slaves from the south to freedom in the north.
Soon after incorporation, the Ford Motor Company opened its stamping plant in neighboring Chicago Heights and employment opportunities there stimulated residential growth in Ford Heights.
The community has quick access to the Bishop Ford Expressway (IL 394) via U.S. 30. It is about 30 miles south of Chicago's Loop.
CHICAGO SOUTHLAND'S HOME PAGE
VILLAGE PROFILE'S HOME PAGE
Community Profile Network, Inc.
Progressive Publishing, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 Community Profile Network, Inc. Community Profile Network is a trademark of Community Profile Network, Inc. Town Square Publications and Builder Profile are trademarks of Progressive Publishing, Inc. all rights reserved
This Site is a Town Square Publications Production