On March 26, 1914 an election was held on the question of incorporation with the vote coming in favor of creating the Village of Schiller Park. Mr. William F. C. Mueller was the first Mayor/President of the Village and in 1933, resident native Mrs. Julia Marrenga Kolze became the first woman mayor in Illinois. By the 1940 census 804 people called Schiller Park home with most of the growth in population coming after the Second World War. An election to incorporate the Village of Franklin Park was held on August 4, 1892. In the 1920s industry was flourishing and the village was growing steadily. The large frame homes of the 1890s began to have brick bungalows and smaller frame homes built beside them. People soon grew tired of the hustle and bustle of Chicago and escaped to this corner just beyond the city.
Profile Network, Inc. &
©2002-2003 Community Profile Network, Inc.
This Site is a Cyberworks Media Group Production