The Schiller Park Library lends books, magazines, videos, newspapers, books on tape and compact discs to residents. The Library will continue to reach out to non-users and the business community and residents can borrow from most of the other libraries in Illinois. The Library was founded in 1962. It has 80,000+ volumes and 150+ magazine subscriptions. The Franklin Park Public Library was originally formed as a project of the Franklin Park Womans Club. On April 15, 1899, the first book was donated, which was the beginning of the Library. The new, permanent home at 10311 Grand Ave. was finished and dedica-ted April 1, 1984. A new childrens library and two meeting rooms were added and were dedica-ted on January 29, 1989. The Librarys current collection exceeds 150,000 books, 4,600 video recordings and 1,350 compact discs, 750 audio cassettes and 40 DVDs.
Profile Network, Inc. &
©2002-2003 Community Profile Network, Inc.
This Site is a Cyberworks Media Group Production