Looking Back

Lincolnwood began with the arrival of the Proesel family from Bavaria in 1844. The family farmed the area, and was joined by Johann Tess in 1856. Soon thereafter, other Europeans settled in the area, and the emerging community first organized itself as Tessville in 1911. In 1936, the Village of Tessville formally became the Village of Lincolnwood. Today, Lincolnwood is an affluent, mature community that is home to over 12,000 culturally diverse residents.


About our Company

Copyright ©2005 Town Square Publications