The city of Rolling Meadows has come a long way since its beginnings more than a century-and-a-half ago. Current-day Rolling Meadows and its closely surrounding area was originally known as Plum Grove when it was settled by German immigrants sometime in the mid- to late-1800s. The community began to take shape in the early 1950s with the arrival of Kimball Hill. Hill purchased land that was initially intended to become a golf course and began developing and selling homes. As he was busy creating a residential sector for the fledgling town, he also helped fund the first school, founded the Rolling Meadows Homeowners Association and donated land for park development.
The city was incorporated as Rolling Meadows in 1955 amidst surging growth, both residentially and economically. Development continued through the 1970s and is still being experienced to this day. Rolling Meadows has grown from a small town into a thriving city of more than 25,000 residents – and growing. While it is fairly young, it has risen to become one of the most vital business and residential centers in the northwest suburbs.