Welcome to Villa Park, “The Garden Village”— a community that blends the best of a small-town atmosphere with the availability of modern conveniences and well-planned development.
The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce
Four local businessmen, who understood the importance of promoting the advantages of the Villa Park business community, established the prosperous Villa Park Chamber of Commerce more than 60 years ago. Lott Hare, Emil Johnson, Emil Novak and William Worley founded the Chamber on April 12, 1948 with a mission that remains to this day: “The Villa Park Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial and civic interests of the Village of Villa Park and vicinity.” Their motto is “Shop Villa Park First.”
In 1985, the Villa Park Chamber of Commerce moved into the former Chicago, Aurora & Elgin Railway Ardmore Avenue Train Station. The former station, located at 10 W. Park Blvd., was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. In 2004, the Ardmore Station was recognized as a key site in the Historic Landmark District by the Villa Park Historical Preservation Commission as having significant historic value to the Village of Villa Park, the State of Illinois and the entire country.
In addition to the wealth of member benefits, including networking and advertising opportunities, referrals and promotional/discount programs, the Chamber is highly active in the community.
Chamber events, such as the Annual Golf Outing & Steak Fry and the Joyful Traditions Winter Holiday Event, are well attended, and the Chamber’s scholarship program has been integral to Villa Park High School students since 1993.
For more information, contact the Villa Park Chamber Office at 630-941-9133 or visit www.villaparkchamber.org.