Avon residents find themselves surrounded by rich cultural opportunities daily. They hold membership in the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, attend performances for the Ballet Internationale Indianapolis, and study the unique exhibits at the Indianapolis Art Museum and Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art.
Music aficionados also have their choice of concerts at Cathedral Arts, Capital City Chorus of Sweet Adelines International, Heart of Indiana Chorus, Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, and foreign language operas by the Indianapolis Opera. The area also hosts the MacAllister Awards, the largest, non-restricted opera competition in North America.
Major chain theaters and nightclubs abound in the community, providing relaxation and excitement at residents’ fingertips. In addition, a number of special events are organized throughout the year to engage residents and visitors of the Avon area:
• The Hendricks County Rib-Fest is hosted by the Avon Chamber of Commerce and is held the Saturday before Independence Day.
• The Avon Heritage Festival is held the last Saturday of September at Washington Township Community Park.
• The Summer Concert Series at the outdoor amphitheater in Ellis Park, located in nearby Danville.
• The two-day Springfest at Hummel Park in Plainfield is held in late April/early May.
• Brownsburg’s Arbuckle Park holds their Countree Peddlers Art Show on the third Saturday in July.
• The Hendricks County 4-H Fair in Danville is the last week in July.
• North Salem hosts their Old Fashioned Days during Labor Day Weekend.
• Beasley’s Orchard in Danville hosts the Heartland Apple Festival in early October.