Batesville abounds with housing options that range from modern single-family homes to brand-new condominiums to multi-unit apartment complexes. Realtors guide residents through a wealth of well-landscaped new subdivisions that boast steady building activity.
The area’s sloping topography lends itself well to today’s housing amenities, which include dramatic walkout basements and secluded vistas. No wonder official statewide reports list “beautiful homes” as one of Batesville’s standouts!
State and local real estate taxes are fixed annually, and are payable in May and November. A homestead credit was put into effect in 1992, and remains in place. Other residential exemptions are available in certain circumstances. Exemptions must be applied for through the county Assessor’s office.
- Hillcrest Estates (at the intersection of State Roads 46 and 229)
- Quail Meadows (State Road 229 north of the Ripley County-Franklin County line)
- The Timbers (west)
- Hillindale Commons (State Road 46 east of Batesville)
- Lake of the Woods (west)
- Hunter’s Glen (west)
- Marks Crossing (Lammers Pike)
- The Pines (State Road 229 in Franklin County)
- Prosperity Place (State Road 129)
- Liberty Park Estates (near the park)
- Steeplechase Park (State Road 229 North)
- Farmington Estates (State Road 229 North)
- Belmont Estates (State Road 229 North)
- Salt Creek Estates (north)
- Weilers (near Cricket Ridge Golf Course)
- Arbor Lake (west on State Road 46)
- Hoosier Heights (State Road 46 & State Road 229)
- Park Acres (south of Liberty Park)
- Pine Grove (off Township Line Road)