Our mission is to undertake those programs and projects that improve the quality of life for our area. By seeking a positive business climate conducive to growth of our private enterprise system, raising per capita income and providing strong financial, physical and human resources, we create a better life for all our citizens.
The Oxford-Lafayette County
Chamber of Commerce is…
• The voice of the business community in local, county and state issues representing the business community in problem solving, promoting economic development, raising the per capita income and providing strong financial resources to create a better life for all citizens.
• Nearly 600 businesses and professionals working together to make Oxford and Lafayette County a better place to live.
• A clearinghouse for plans and proposals affecting Oxford’s future.
• Committees hard at work meeting City and County needs.
• Setting and achieving goals that will ensure Oxford and Lafayette County of reaching its full potential as a community.
Chamber Membership Benefits Include:
• Listing in the annual Community Guide and Membership Directory distributed to 5,000 members, businesses, hotel guests, visitors and newcomers annually.
• Online Business Directory Listing on the chamber website, www.oxfordms.com. All members get a hyperlink from the Chamber website to their website and social media sites. Additional opportunities to enhance listing for small fee, gaining more visibility online and in search engines.
• Weekly L-O-U View e-Newsletter to the Chamber membership announcing community events and happenings, plus upcoming Chamber events, networking opportunities and new members.
• Monthly Chamber After Hours for members who enjoy networking on a regular basis. New Chamber members are also introduced and given a chance to highlight their businesses. Hosting opportunities are available exclusively to Chamber members.
• Banner advertising opportunities on Chamber/EDF website, exclusively for members.
• Opportunity to post “Hot Deals” for other members, promoting specials or coupons, on Chamber website.
• Posting of and viewing of Job Postings on Chamber website.
• 10 percent off all computer services and repairs by Chamber technology partner, CambinoTech Computers, LLC.
• 10 percent off all purchases and reduced copy rates at Office Depot (with exclusive Chamber Members Only discount card).
• Group Health Insurance for small businesses through ChamberPlus with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi.
• Inclusion of a member’s full-page ad, brochure or coupon in Oxford “Newcomer Packets,” distributed to new residents and visitors for only $75 per year.
• Ribbon cutting and grand opening ceremonies for new or relocated Chamber businesses.
• Opportunity to participate in Young Professionals of Oxford (YPO), Oxford and Lafayette County’s most influential networking organization for young, up-and-coming professionals. YPO meets monthly. Hosting opportunities are available exclusively to Chamber members.
• Opportunities to gain high visibility through sponsorship of various Chamber events such as Chamber After Hours, Annual Meeting, Double Decker Spring Run, Annual 4th of July Celebration, Christmas Party, etc.
• Business Development Seminars, giving members an opportunity to attend or host various continuing education seminars.
• Participation in one of several committees that work to support our business community and enhance our quality of life. Those Chamber committees include: Ambassadors; Leadership Programs; 4th of July; Double Decker Spring Run; and Shop Oxford.
• Chamber members can use the Chamber meeting room up to four times a year free of charge ($25 if food is served).
• List of Chamber members on mailing labels for $20 or as Excel document for $10.
• Listings of newcomer requests for area.
• Space in the Chamber office to display business cards and/or promotional brochures for member businesses.
• Resource materials including a city/county area map, demographic information, area phone books, business/industry lists, SBA publications, etc.
• Membership in the Chamber is 100 percent tax deductible.