Many outstanding healthcare facilities and practitioners serve residents of Metuchen.
Raritan Bay Medical Center, a nonprofit healthcare organization, is solely committed to providing professional, compassionate and above average quality healthcare to all patients in the greater Metuchen area. Within both its Perth Amboy Division and Old Bridge Division, the hospital has 501 beds, a medical staff of 450 members and a professional nursing and service staff of 1,750 members. The hospital offers acute care, general medical/surgical procedures, pediatric and obstetric care, as well as extensive outpatient services and 24-hour emergency care.
Serving the growing healthcare needs of central New Jersey since its opening in 1907, the 478-bed Saint Peter's University Hospital provides a broad array of services, including sophisticated care of premature babies to specialized geriatric medicine, in a supreme educational atmosphere.
Saint Peter’s treats more than 30,000 inpatients and more than 200,000 outpatients every year. Approximately 2,800 healthcare professionals and support personnel, plus more than 900 physicians and dentists are employed here. Saint Peter’s is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and was ranked as the 10th hospital in the nation to be certified as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence by the American Nurse Credentialing Commission.
Within 10 minutes from Metuchen is the 535-bed JFK Medical Center. This 535-bed, acute-care facility consists of the 441-bed Anthony M. Yelencsics Community Hospital and the adjacent 94-bed JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute.
JFK Medical Center offers outstanding medical services that include:
• Emergency Department – Treating more than 50,000 patients annually
• New Jersey Neuroscience Institute – A diagnostic treatment, teaching and research center for complex neurological disorders that sees over 20,000 patients annually
• Haven Hospice – Serves an average of 400 patients during their last days by providing comfort care and family assistance
• Regional Cancer Center – Providing comprehensive medical, surgical and radiation oncology services
• JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute – Prominently recognized for post-surgical and stroke recovery services