It is the mission of Wapakoneta city government to provide for and promote the general health, safety and welfare of all residents of the city by: delivering services in a professional, impartial and cost-effective manner; planning for the long-range development and improvement of the city; being responsive to the individual needs of city residents, with an awareness of all the city’s collective needs. – City of Wapakoneta Mission Statement
The City of Wapakoneta operates under the Council/Mayor form of government, where Wapakoneta residents are provided the power of electing eight members of the City Council, as well as the Mayor, Auditor, Treasurer and Law Director. The Council, composed of the Council President, four ward council members, three at-large council members and the Council Clerk, meets the first and third Monday of each month at 7:30 at City Hall.
The City provides a range of quality public services and programs through several departments. Among these divisions are public works, electric utilities, engineering, wastewater management, water treatment, parks and recreation and public safety through the Wapakoneta Police Department and the Wapakoneta Fire & EMS Department. All of these departments are committed to serving the Wapakoneta community in order to ensure a high quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors.
• City Hall — — (419) 738-6111 701 Parlette Ct. www.wapakoneta.net
• Electric Department — — (419) 738-7713
• Engineering/Zoning — (419) 738-5596
• Fire & EMS Department (Non-Emergency) — (419) 738-2014
• Income Tax Department — — (419) 738-3011
• Parks and Recreation Department — (419) 738-7158
• Police Department (Non-Emergency) — — (419) 738-8802
• Public Works Department — — (419) 738-3223
• Wastewater Treatment Plant — — (419) 738-2418
• Water Treatment Plant — — — (419) 738-7439