Midlothian Independent School District
The Midlothian Independent School District is known for its renowned reputation for excellence through the dedication and commitment of the community, which puts education first.
As a fast-growth K-12 public school system located 30 miles south of Dallas, Midlothian ISD encompasses approximately 111 square miles within the boundaries of Cedar Hill, Mansfield, Maypearl, Ovilla, Venus and Waxahachie. With a focus on student achievement and development, the district continues to offer outstanding educational opportunities to more than 6,100 students at six elementary schools (K-5), two middle schools (6-8) and one high school (9-12).
The schools retain a long history of recognition for student achievement and excellent student discipline. Midlothian ISD prides itself on the first-rate quality of schools, the care and maintenance of facilities, and the provisions for good learning environments. Part of the progress is the establishment of academic standards, improving student achievement and finding new ways to ensure that every child succeeds in learning.
The Midlothian ISD offers a wide variety of programs for the student population.
• Head Start and Pre-K for 4 year olds who meet the criteria
• Rise and Stars for the at-risk elementary students
• Dyslexia program
• English as a Second Language (ESL)
• Bilingual program for students whose first language is not English
• Gifted and Talented program
• Pre-AP (Advanced Placement) and AP classes
• Credit by exam advancement opportunities
• K-12 technology integration
• Secondary level specialized technology courses
• Dual credit college courses
• Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Program
• Peer Assistance and Leadership
• Life Skills
• Foreign Language Program (Spanish and French)
• Sports: baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, power lifting, soccer, softball, tennis, track, volleyball, wrestling
• Art, band, cheerleading, choir, debate, drill team, physical education, theater arts, vocational programs, UIL academic teams and various clubs
• Special Education Services include: Mainstream and Inclusion, Content Mastery, Resources, Self-Contained, Speech Therapy, Community-Based Instruction, Behavior Adjustment Class, Homebound Program, Assistive Technology and much more.
For more information, please visit www.midlothian-isd.net.