The Fredericksburg Region is blessed with a vast number of competent, well-trained and compassionate healthcare givers. These men and women care deeply about the physical and emotional welfare of community residents.
Mary Washington Healthcare is a fully integrated, regional medical system providing inpatient and outpatient care through more than 40 facilities and services located on several medical campuses. Mary Washington Healthcare has been serving the Fredericksburg community since 1899 through its mission “to improve the health of the people we serve.”
Facilities include two state-of-the-art hospitals: Mary Washington Hospital, a 437-bed advanced regional hospital, and Stafford Hospital, a 100-bed community hospital. Mary Washington Healthcare provides advanced medical specialties throughout the Region to include:
• More than 500 physicians on combined medical staffs of Mary Washington and Stafford Hospitals
• Level II Trauma Center at Mary Washington Hospital
• Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Mary Washington Hospital
• Intermediate Level II Nursery at Stafford Hospital for neonates who are 32 weeks and above and require additional support
• Three Emergency Departments: Stafford Hospital, Mary Washington Hospital and Mary Washington Hospital Emergency Department at Lee's Hill
• Mary Washington Hospital Snowden of Fredericksburg, a freestanding behavioral health hospital
• Fredericksburg Ambulatory Surgery Center, offering extensive outpatient surgery options
• Surgical specialties including neurosurgery, open heart surgery and robotic surgery
• Mary Washington Healthcare Virginia Heart & Vascular Institute
• Mary Washington Healthcare Human Motion Institute
• Mary Washington Healthcare Regional Cancer Center
• Mary Washington Healthcare Women’s Health Institute
• Mary Washington Healthcare Neuroscience Center
• NextCare Urgent Care Centers
• Rehabilitation Centers
• Sleep and Wake Disorders Centers
• Mary Washington Healthcare LaboratoriesMary Washington Healthcare is a nonprofit health system and has a long-standing commitment to provide care regardless of ability to pay. Mary Washington Healthcare offers charity (free) care, discounted care and payment plans.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center opened June 7, 2010, and is a part of HCA Virginia, which is the commonwealth’s most comprehensive healthcare network. SRMC is a $175 million hospital with 126 beds and all rooms are private and provide a wide range of in- and outpatient services, including 24-hour emergency care, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, cardiac catheterization and psychiatric care. Located on a 75-acre campus south of Fredericksburg on Interstate 95, the hospital won state approval to build a cancer treatment center, which will be built next to the Pogonia Medical Arts Building, an 80,000-square-foot medical office building attached to the hospital.
SRMC employs more than 500 full- and part-time staff members and pays roughly $1.5 million in taxes annually to Spotsylvania County, thereby broadening the county’s tax base. Though it didn’t open its doors until June 7, 2011, SRMC was playing an active role in the local community well before admitting patients. In January 2010, it presented Germanna Community College with an unrestricted donation of $100,000 towards its nursing program. In December 2010, the hospital donated $5,000 apiece to fire and rescue squads in the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Spotsylvania and Stafford.
Several major milestones were celebrated during the hospital’s first anniversary on June 7, 2011:
• SRMC was selected as Business of the Year 2011 by the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Patient satisfaction scores consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of 139 HCA hospitals
• 472 healthy, happy babies were born during the first 12 months
• Nearly 400 free health screenings were provided to the community
• More than 30,000 patients with conditions ranging from broken bones to chest pain were seen in the emergency room
• 31,000 diagnostic procedures were performed
• Medical staff includes more than 350 highly trained, experienced physicians representing 39 specialties
Spotsylvania Regional operates as a community hospital, with a management team and a board of trustees who live in and are committed to the care and improvement of human life. For more information, visit spotsrmc.com or call (540) 498-4000.
Founded in 1937, Pratt Medical Center is a multi-specialty healthcare group that offers primary care and a variety of sub-specialties such as OB/GYN care, pediatrics, gastroenterology, audiology and laparoscopic surgery.
Massaponnax Medical Park is conveniently located in Spotsylvania County on Cosner Drive across U.S. 17 from Lee’s Hill South and adjacent to the campus of Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center.The 14-acre site is a planned four-phase medical office park that will eventually include 120,000 square feet of medical specialties, diagnostic services and dental services.
Throughout the region, residents also have access to walk-in clinics, support groups and the Lloyd F. Moss Free Clinic, a free primary-care clinic.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Mary Washington Healthcare