Located in the heart of the Village, 3887 Old Buckingham Road, beside the County Seat Restaurant and across from the Courthouse, the Powhatan Chamber of Commerce is the largest business support organization in the area. Now in its 22nd year, the Chamber lists more than 230 members and is self-sustaining, providing its services with no governmental support.
The Powhatan Chamber of Commerce is an association of business, professional, and civic minded members who promote the free enterprise system, economic growth and the prosperity of Powhatan County.
Powhatan Chamber of Commerce serves as the primary resource to promote an unsurpassed opportunity for business growth in a community with an unparalleled quality of life.
Doing Business in Powhatan - “Give Powhatan the Business”
Our goals include a campaign designed to keep sales tax dollars at home. Shopping locally benefits the municipality in which you live. If you are new to the community or a seasoned Powhatan resident, keep in mind that you can find almost everything you need right here in your County.
A primary attraction for new business growth in the County is the absence of a gross receipts-based business, professional, and occupational license tax. The Chamber is proud to stand up publicly against this unfair tax.
Why Join the Chamber?
Full-time representation and year-round results are rewards of belonging to the Powhatan Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber serves as both salesperson and advocate to local business. It unceasingly promotes local products and services while at the same time protecting business interests. A single voice can go unheard, but the collective voice of the Chamber is effective in helping to make Powhatan a wonderful place to work and live.
For membership information phone or fax 804-598-2636 or write to:
What does the Powhatan Chamber of Commerce do for its members and community?
The Chamber provides these many services, which help strengthen our community:
• Offers business referrals
• Offers networking opportunities
• Offers Lunch and Learn educational opportunities
• Partners with Economic Development and Longwood University Small Business Development to offer free educational seminars
• Disseminates tourist and community information
• Represents Chamber businesses
• Acts as an advocate
• Promotes economic growth
• Offers networking opportunities at monthly luncheons, which average 60 in attendance
• Publishes bimonthly e-news letters
• Publishes detailed County map which also includes historical information
• Serves as a liaison between business and community support groups in Powhatan County
• Provides an extensive network of professional and business contacts for advice and support
• Provides Powhatan Chamber of Commerce Membership Directory and Consumer Guide
• Speaks in the places of political influence and makes sure the Chamber’s voice is heard concerning important issues